Welcome
Welcome to kimwilde

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Lately Bought

Here for the fun of it.

Re: Lately Bought

Postby WordsSalomeTouch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:25 am

Peter wrote:I am more Kim fan than Madonna, but she is not the only one artist in the world. ;)

That's ironic seeing as most of the world seemed to be of the notion that the evil hag being madonna IS the only "artist"in the world (OMG some actually think it an artist, like it's original and creates something of value, and not through lies, tricks, theft, devil's own luck, gimmicks and desperation1)-compared to this thing, Kim IS the only artist, but of course...

Sandra is the next music Queen behind her, and I proudly own every album and b-side she's done that I can get-she's tops! And Bangles are right behind her, and then you have a small bunch of other (generally 80s) women like Belinda Carlisle, Stevie Nicks, 'Til Tuesday, Shakespears Sister, Stevie Nicks (though not now) and Cathy Dennis before she dumbed down-became a writer of general pap for those who can't write themselves and rely on others...hey Kylie?...and most else. :roll: :lol:
WordsSalomeTouch

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:12 pm

This forum is much more cultural than Madonna's board. Fanatic forums. I like Kim muuuuuch more than Madonna.
Imagine our lives with us together
Impossible dreams come true
I still believe Never say never
My head's in the clouds
Peter

Postby WordsSalomeTouch » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Peter wrote:This forum is much more cultural than Madonna's board. Fanatic forums. I like Kim muuuuuch more than Madonna.

I'll bet and I'm not surprised seeing as anyone who likes Hagdonna the rotter must be pretty limited in outlook anyway, not to say taste. Only in this stupid world with a stupid human race in charge of it could a piece of trash like her be regarded by the planet to be of musical and cultural importance while Kim is treated with both cultural and musical indifference. This is how the UK treats its own. It's more than bad enough how America treats true talent from other countries without the bleeding UK not giving a damn about its own unless it's of no importance whatsoever.

I finally got Shakespears Sister's fascinating "3" album this year-the expanded one with the bonus tracks, and regarding a new artist-Emma Hewitt's debut "Burn The Sky Down" really cool. Everything Minogue should be but isn't and never was.

And looking forward to the reformed (again) A-ha's new one "Cast In Steel" which is in its early stages, Duran's new one and hoping Sandra will do at least one more. All of which'll be out a long time before Kim's apparent new one will be. (Why am I not surprised I say to myself in my sleep over and over-when I can be bothered).
WordsSalomeTouch

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:13 pm

The Human League - The Very Best Of [DVD].
My head's in the clouds
Peter

Postby WordsSalomeTouch » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Discovered Breathe's first album is really good. It's now been remastered and now "All That Jazz" includes the first ever single which was not on the original CD pressing-just a European cassette version (who does that?). Track is called 'In All Honesty', a really fired up fast-pacer (for them), and so impressed that after buying an original copy of the album cheap (and their disappointing 2nd album) cheap (only 3 good songs on it, none of them singles even!), I'm shelling out almost £10 for a cherry red full version.

Also Real Life's best-of, even though one 80s single is not on it-how sad is that, leaving just one off! Real Life are a truly underrated singles band from Australia in the 80s, with the Go-Betweens just behind. Am deliberating over which Split Enz best-of to get-they all seem to lack different singles and nothing collects all!

Also Fiction Factory's remastered debut. Not sure how much of it I can love, I'm testing it out. Also abstract little-known electro duo Say Lou Lou from this year (the shock!) and also Blondfire's first two albums, and am enjoying a lot of the Corrs's albums aswell, particularly "Borrowed Heaven". And Waterfron't debut which I think is growing on me, even if I don't take entire thing. Will maybe get Tina Cousin's 2nd album if it ever becomes as affordable as her first.
WordsSalomeTouch

Postby WordsSalomeTouch » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:06 am

This year has been not bad for legends-both Duran Duran's "Paper Gods" and A-ha's "Cast In Steel" are great records, especially as we were told A-ha had called it a day. But worst of all, China Crisis have not made their album available and whatever arsehole label they're on/NOT on more likely are doing nothing to get it out. It exists only in a space behind a timewarp door up a mountain in Tibet on a certain day in August and we've all missed it. Presumably much the same thing will happen late next year should Kim EVER get this apprently NEW album out. UK release my arse!
WordsSalomeTouch

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 am

"Paper Gods" is weak, but "Cast In Steel" is really great. I've got this item too.
My head's in the clouds
Peter

Postby WordsSalomeTouch » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:51 am

[quote="Peter"]"Paper Gods" is weak, but "Cast In Steel" is really great. I've got this item too.

"Paper Gods" is cool, though "Red Carpet Massacre" and "All You Need Is Now" are both superior and that's fine, but Duran have still another 5 star album, and that's more than just about any 80s act can do, and certainly more than Kim bothers to do. Stevie Nicks, Sade, Kate Bush, Cyndi Lauper-all have delivered complete rubbish with their last releases, and it seems the only 80s women who still have it in spades are Sandra (her last was a masterpiece), Bangles and Kim, too, if she'd only get with the programme (next year will tell).

A-ha's new album does win over Duran's, but that doesn't mean Duran's is weak-and they of course beat the hell out of all the other men who just don't pull off albums properly, despite retaining a ridiculous swamp of support from critics and robo-audiences-Depeche Mode, Simple Minds, New Order, Pet ShopBoys and the like. People only insult Duran's album because it's in to slag off everything they do just cos they're outisde 1984 now, yet everyone else is allowed to carry on like they're geniuses. Alison Moyet is a talent, but her comeback album 'Hometime' was well boring, just like Sade's last. It's amazing what a reputation will do if the critics love you-it will sell something truly undeserving of it.

"Paper Gods" has utterly perfect songs like 'What Are The Chances' (the best), 'Change The Skyline', 'Face For Today', 'Butterfly Girl', 'Last Night In The City' and 'Sunset Garage'-and that's already half the album. Even more tellingly, they came up with some excellent non-album tracks-'Northern Lights', 'Valentine Stones' and the exquisite 'Cinderella Ride'-two of which are a ***** to get hold of.

Sure beats the hell out of the new Adele album, the most overrated move of the year, alongside the Minogue obligatory Christmas album, until the horror borefest that is Hagdonna rears its nasty head yet AGAIN next year-and no doubt long before Kim will rear her head.
WordsSalomeTouch

Postby WordsSalomeTouch » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Just got Roxette's new album and it is really good, unlike the horrible 'Charm School' in 2010. Roxette have followed their "Travelling" release with a very cool "Good Karma" album out this year. It may be their last one, it may not, but a fitting way to finish if so. :D

And US sister duo The Pierces have become really good now they've dumped the old country sound and tuned into the indie adult synth-approach. "You & I" from 2011 is good but "Creations" 3 years later is even better. And Ladyhawke's new album "Wild Things" is amazing. :D
WordsSalomeTouch

Postby WordsSalomeTouch » Fri May 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Top German band (and any normal fan of Duran, A-ha, OMD or just decent music should approve) Alphaville have just returned out of the blue with their first new album since 2010's excellent "Catching Rays On Giant" (ironically the last time Kim did a proper-if absurdly short-proper album) and they've made her look a complete gonk, a lazy, lying fantasist who can't even be bothered admitting she doesn't want to do music any more and has effectively retired completely. :evil:

Alphaville's new album-clearly THE musical event of the year as we have no other, RIGHT, Ms Wilde?! :roll: :evil: )"Strange Attractor" is another cool gem, though it doesn't achieve the all-round heights "Catching Rays On Giant", "Salvation", "Prostitute", "So Long Celeste", their complete 80s B-sides collection and "Afternoons In Utopia" do, but that STILL puts it on par with their debut album "Forever Young" and ahead of two others (which are also good) so that gives them a strike rate as impressive as A-ha's, Bangles' and (almost) Duran's. Plus it could grow on me even more, but even if it doesn't, event of 2017! :D

Alphaville's new album is "Strange Attractor" and you can get it from amazon, eBay or their own official fansite 'moonbase'. :D
WordsSalomeTouch

Previous

Return to Off-topic